Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The Little Moments Make Life Big

A little background here: tomorrow morning Andy and I are headed to the hospital to (hopefully) induce this baby to come out and meet us <3  

So tonight, I had a small epiphany-meltdown.  I remembered back to when Lewis was born, and suddenly, instantly, bedtime with Lincoln was never the same.  It really shocked me that time, because I just hadn't thought ahead about it.  But this time...well, I know what's about to happen.  And in an instant, of reprimanding Lewis in the middle of his meltdown about going upstairs to brush his teeth, I suddenly just realized: this is the last night I can read bedtime stories to my two boys.  Instant tears.

And Lewis, with his sweet, sweet heart--he instantly wondered what was wrong, and when I explained he went right upstairs and brushed those teeth and got himself all ready for story time.  Lincoln, not far behind, also perplexedly wondered what was wrong, and went right up get ready--but he also did his best to make me laugh, and realize that I will read stories to them again, after all, and this feeling that's making me cry is "pretend," "fiction!"  He loves making us laugh.  

So, these pictures somehow look much prettier than my tear-blotched, bloodshot eyes actually were...but I'm just thankful for the gift of knowing, this time around, that tonight was precious, and a Little Moment with my boys that was really very Important. 





No comments:

Post a Comment