Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bigger Than Before

Lewis is two weeks old today, and he is not a newborn anymore.  This is already making me a little sad, but I will blame my daily bouts of nostalgia regarding my boys' lost stages to my still-confused hormones.  Of course, there is truth is my nostalgia.  But I do thoroughly enjoy watching them grow up, too! 
Lewis just weighed in at a whopping 8.8 pounds.  According to my cross-multiplying for a tenths-to-ounces conversion, he has moved up from 7 pounds 4 ounces, to 8 pounds 12.8 ounces in these two weeks.  He still looks tiny to me, so I'm not quite sure where he's putting it...but I do see fullness starting in his face :0)
He's still sporting an umbilical cord stump, but his little circumcision "plastibell" came off a few days ago.  That's when I first announced to Andy that we couldn't officially call him "newborn" anymore. 
He's getting steadily better at handling his meals.
And he's currently been awake for 1 1/2 hours--a record length! 
Lincoln keeps trying to get Lewis to play, so he must see some progress too, haha.  Fortunately, tiny babies come soft and pliable, so the occasional whack on the head (all in good fun!) leaves him in tears but (so thankfully!) unscarred.
Yesterday evening I commented to Andy, "At his rate of sleep, Lewis is going to be a genius."  At my rate of sleep, I'm enjoying a very rare cup of coffee as I type.  Tea was not cutting it today. 
And Lewis seems about ready for a meal and a return to sleep, so I will tend to that.

1 comment:

  1. And it's official: the umbilical cord is off! And it looks like we have an Outie :0)

    ReplyDelete