Monday, September 2, 2013

Big Night

I haven't written you a status update in over a week.  And before that, it was a week again.  My life has certainly been more eventful than that, but it's also nice to not care much whether anybody knows about it.  

But tonight!

Tonight I sat on my front porch with a boy in my lap marveling at the fierce storm blowing through.  It left us with a very thorough double rainbow, the main bow of which also had a "shadow" effect of two spectra splayed out beneath it.  My photo is pitiful; I'm sure it's user ignorance of settings. 

After supper, my sister-in-law and I went out jogging, and I could hardly take my eyes off the sky.  Every part of that glorious sky held different colors, textures, types of clouds, all lit up by the sunset.  Watching the retreat of a spectacular storm is a spectacular way to run.  SO GORGEOUS!  I thought of my friend Leanna, who would have recorded that beautiful run on her iPhone.  But non-data-plan-me just gets to remember it all :0)

After the boys were in bed, I took the plunge (a surprisingly weighty-feeling, nervous plunge) and purchased a preschool curriculum to begin working on with Lincoln here at home.  There may be more on this later.  For now, I don't care for the public preschool options Lincoln could be involved in over the next couple of years, and I'm going to try some low-key homeschooling, see how it goes.  I'm nervous about it, for basically selfish reasons; I happen to be comfortable with the ease of not really planning our daily lives and letting time slip by while I read other people's status updates.  But I know that it is not the best I can give my children, and so, by purchasing a curriculum, I'm committing myself to give them more of my best.  Among many reasons homeschooling is of interest to me, I'm realizing that the most important reason I would choose it over public school is to equip my children with the tool of a Biblical worldview.  Worldview is Important.  Capitol I.  My Father's World curriculum is designed for exactly the purpose of "raising up generations of families who see the world through God's eyes and live according to that knowledge."  I'm diving in. 

 And tomorrow!

My husband begins his 12th year of teaching, and it will suddenly be a new season for all of us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment