Thursday, September 12, 2013

Distracting Myself

The boys and I are on our own for the evening, and because we know Daddy won't be home for dinner tonight, it's been kind of a rough day.  When I say our boys hang their hopes on daddy's homecoming, I'm not exaggerating all that much!  So there's that. 

Also, my babysitter cancelled for the afternoon, because, get this: she was bitten by a brown recluse spider.  Oh, creeps!  I mean, OH CREEPS!  I am completely freaked out about that, because over the past few weeks I've seen 5 or 6 spiders around our house that drove me to Google Images in the fear of just that.  The ones I've gotten a good look at are more likely Grass or Funnel spiders (still mildly poisonous)...but then to find out, yes, they really are in our area...  Anyway.  I can't even sit at this computer without feeling little creepies on my feet under the desk here.  I stopped watching scary movies a long time ago because of my wild, realistic imagination.  I wish I could stop seeing spiders. 

I need to be distracted.  So, I've lit a candle, put the season's first pumpkin recipe in the oven, and am watching The Office when I'm free to fold laundry.  Go away, crazy fears!




No comments:

Post a Comment