Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A Taste of My Scattery Morning Brain

This morning I have woken up with the desire to decorate my home for autumn.  This is something like an overnight change; yesterday I thought, "Hrmmm...it's a little too early.  I mean, it's still August.  Let's not rush it."  

So, how convenient: today it's suddenly September!  Feel free to begin enjoying the autumn!

Tomorrow my Lincoln begins kindergarden.  Full-day, away-from-home, Big Kid School.  Oh my.  He has the same wonderful teacher as last year, but will have to do an awful lot more of things like math, and not so much watercoloring-and-playdough fun.  Such is the new era of What 5-Year-Olds Must Know.  He's trying to wrap his mind around the fact that Lewis will (hopefully) get to do some fall field trips with mama and baby brother...while he's at school.  I'm hoping he'll get a couple of class field trips himself.  He'll be riding the bus to and from school.  I'm thankful he won't be on the bus for as long each day as I had feared.  Still about 45 minutes in the afternoon, but only 15 in the mornings.  

He did request that for tomorrow, his very first day, we drive him to school in the morning. <3  And daddy starts school a day later, so he get to be part of all Lincoln's first-day Pomp.  

I'm all excited about my baby's room.  I almost ran upstairs a few minutes ago to paint a leaf garland on his walls, an idea that just struck me as an awesome and simple addition. 

I've got all sorts of creative juices flowing through my brain this morning, so I'd better get up and get going.  

Oh, and my Lewis just woke up.  At 8:15.  Lincoln is still sleeping.  This new phase of sleep they've entered is baffling to me.  And I'm not sure how we'll all handle the school year schedule, when they want to eat breakfast with daddy at 5:45 every morning.  Because, you know?  A 6:30pm bedtime just isn't super-feasible for us.  We'll manage somehow.  Everybody will be on new sleep schedules soon!

Here's a gem for you, from one of my favorite Psalms: 

The Lord is my CHOSEN portion and my cup; You hold my lot.  The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.

Psalm 16:5-6


No comments:

Post a Comment