Friday, September 18, 2015

What Do You Do When...

I'm going to have a baby soon.  Yes.  

So, for the past six weeks or so, I've been in crazy nesting mode.  Which has led me to ferociously tackle projects ranging from meticulously repainting my front porch and entryway to sorting and laundering the boxes of newborn comfy clothes to...

...today, deciding that the back hall window, where I've always kept my oils and vinegars, really ought to be cleaned off.  I read somewhere that, oh wait, you're not supposed to keep oils in the sunlight, because they'll spoil faster...  

Anyway.  What do you do when uncovering that window, scrubbing off the oil-grimy sill, un-wedging the screen to clean all the gunk and cobwebs behind it (AFTER a very careful inspection to see if there are any of those nasty, resident, ENORMOUS spiders set up in there, the way they do in the upstairs windows)--reveals a window frame that is terribly rotten?  As in, some of that wood I can spongy-press with my fingers?  As in, the outside house wall surrounding that frame is growing moss?  As in, the rottenness there to be cleaned up is literally rotten enough to have converted into dirt?  

What do you do?  

Umm.  Well, at this point in the yearpregnancybudget...

Ignore it!  Close and lock that window, make that rotten sill as clean as it can be, come up with something pretty to put there as a distraction, and walk away.  

It's always awesome to know what goes on next year's Project List when it's time to close up shop on this year's Project Season, right?  

Post Script:

There.  No one will ever know, right?  Haha!  A Before would have been a nice touch: picture grimy curtain, and a chock-full lineup of greasy oil and vinegar bottles...

No comments:

Post a Comment