Monday, February 13, 2012

Superlydia

As in: "above, beyond" outside of my own abilities.  These are the tasks before me, as I prepare my home and ready the Camp office and train my maternity-replacement and help my little boy understand what's about to happen and (perhaps) tie up loose ends like baking Valentine cookies for my husband, and sending leftover Christmas cards and making car-part appointments--while already overtired, and without a voice. 

My biggest fear is not actually pre-baby, but once he's arrived: that I will be actually unable to be "alive, alert, awake, enthusiastic" (mostly the alert part is of concern...), and that my inability to be alert when it matters could allow harm to come to my boys.  Because that feeling of being actually unable to keep my eyes open?  Already happens.  Fortunately, Lincoln is able to play pretty safely while I doze on the couch awhile.  Add in a new baby, and that is not feasible. 

Superlydia is unable.  But with Christ, Philippians 4:13

Therefore: Superlydia + Christ = Able

No comments:

Post a Comment